Search This Blog :

Monday, 21 June 2010

A Joyful Soul



Joy is the great mystery of our time.
It's rare but
Some people are born with a spirit of joy.
Like you.
You aren't just mildly content or blandly happy.
You are exuberant and wild and sweet and mischievous.
Laughter dances in your eyes and bubbles up from your belly.
You wake up most mornings with a smile and joyful shrieks.
Life is exhilarating, hilarious, and exciting.
The world is wonderful for no reason other than that it exists.

I'm so thankful for you.
Thankful because you are a gift of light and hope.
A blessing of promise and goodness and more laughter than we expected.
An example of the power of prayer.

God bless you as you turn one year old tomorrow William. You are cherished. Your life has worth and beauty. Your spirit and heart are precious to the Lord.

Thank you beautiful boy for your great gift of joy.

Happy first birthday Baby. If angels danced the day you were born then you can bet they're still dancing now.

11 comments:

Aurelie said...

I wish I were as clever as you are Colleen! You know how to play with words and make my eyes wet every single time. Write a book PLEASE!

Sesselja said...

What a lovely summer picture! And Happy B-day tomorrow to the little man!

PS: Nice to have you back in Bloglandia again. Hope you had a good time back home.

Zion said...

You have such a way with words Colleen!
Hug young Mr. Bergen from me and I wish him a happy happy birthday :)

(((HUGS)))

Ine said...

FINALLY, you are home and blogging again!

:D

Beautiful words about the sweetest boy ever. ♥ Happy birthday when you wake up, William, I hope your day is joyful!

Colleen said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments.:) Much appreciated and it's nice to back and catch up with you again!

Janet said...

Colleen that was beautiful! Thanks for sharing that! :o) That needs to go into his life's scrap book ;op

Love you!!! Please give William BIG hugs and lotsa lotsa kisses from Auntie Janet for his birthday! :D

Crown of Beauty said...

Beautiful post, made me teary eyed.

Love your heart, and the way you can put your feelings into words.

Happy Birthday! The picture is lovely.

And welcome back. Looking forward to reading your posts again.

Oh, and that hyena word. That was my first born son's favorite animal when he was small.

This post really made me smile, mostly because of the memories.

Love
Lidj

Metu said...

What a beautiful picture, and how beatiful you write :)

And to William, Happy Birthday :)

Angela said...

My goodness, my heart goes pitter patter. TOO ADORABLE. I'm so in love. He is just so precious..I run a home daycare and adore adore children....That picture you have shared with us needs to be blown up and hung on the wall...

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my word Colleen. We are going to be great friends. I just adore your pictures and your blogging style. Can't wait to get to know you more.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I'm a believer in punctuality though it makes me very lonely.

www