Search This Blog :

Sunday, 20 December 2009

An Angel

Well, actually, he is stubborn, determined, full of character and a tiny social butterfly rather than silent, shy and submissive little angel. He lights up around crowds of people. In a hospital waiting room for example, he'll harass anyone else who happens to be waiting with sly glances and little smiles and gurgling noises until they look at him and smile back and then it's on to the next one until he's worked his way through the whole room. When he really smiles, like full-blown-scrunched us nose-chubby dimpled cheeks-wide open mouth-sort of smile, he looks more like a little...ok, not quite like a little devil, but definitely like a very mischievous, fun-loving little boy rather than a little angel to be honest. Lately he has taken to smiling with his lips sucked in which makes his cheeks flop down and his eyes like tiny slits. While this may not attract too many ladies when he's older, it certainly is charming now. ;)

And I feel like I want to stop time. I want him to grow. I want him to stop. I want to capture every moment on film. Not even photos are good enough. I want to remember his voice when he was this small and his funny little movements and the multitude of faces he makes. His laugh that just seems to come from nowhere at the oddest times. Mostly while looking at me...but I don't take that too personally. ;)

8 comments:

Kate (AMMA) said...

But Colleen isn't that the very essence of an angel? LOL! He sounds charming, funny, hilarious and involved! A little sprite to lift the spirits of any person who is feeling down......... one look at that funny little smile and who could question whether there is a God? There is, and He has made a wonderful little creation!

Colleen said...

Didn't we agree on "Gammy K"?;)
You're right, he has a wonderful little character and I'm sure will fill our days with a lot of happiness. He is a precious little person.:)

Ine said...

He sounds wonderful! It must be an adventure beeing his mommy. :)

Zion said...

He sounds like a wonderful child :) - I'm sorry I haven't commented (or read for that matter) your blog for a while, I've been too busy too breath...
Don't forget Colleen, even though you want to capture each moment on film, don't forget to "be in the pictures" as well, you don't want his childhood memories to be of a camera telling him to smile LOL - love you to bits, kiss the little guy for me!

Anonymous said...

Love reading everything. One way I used to "record" all the little memories, was when my kids were old enough to talk and I talking 1 or 2 until they were 5. Every night I would tuck them into bed wth a book, then get out a notebook (special hard covered red notebooks) and ask them what happened in their day, who they saw, what the sky looked like, did they kiss me enough....silly questions, then I wrote it all down. I still have these books and treasure them beyond anything I can explain...it's one way to hear their memories in their words and only their words. I did add little margin notes in brackets explaining where we were that day or what special thing happened. God Bless

Anonymous said...

Um the comment left about recording thoughts in a little notebook was me....Judi tee hee, seriously it was!

Colleen said...

Thanks Ine. I hope you had a really nice Christmas this year. I am hoping and praying that your waiting time is almost over and that soon I can read all about your experiences in Sri Lanka. take good care and have a very happy new year, hopefully one full of adventure and new beginnings!

S├Žunn, it's always good to hear from you my friend! Thanks for your comment! Don't worry, I won't harrass the poor guy TOO much with the camera!!:) Haha! But can you really blame me, I'm just making up for lost time...from the time he was born to three months old, there is only one picture of him!!:) I hope you guys had a merry Christmas and that the business calms down soon. Love you Girl!

Judi, I love that idea! What a precious memory and it must be so much fun to read them now and remember all those days that I'm sure seem to go by far too fast! What a wonderful idea! But I expect wonderful ideas from you!!:) You are so creative! I hope you are happy and that your new year is full of joy and peace Judi! See you soon...we have a chocolate making date in May!;)

Colleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.