Search This Blog :

Wednesday, 4 November 2009

How Five Years Of Marriage Spoils You

It’s always the small details that startle you and bring the reality of a life-defining situation home in a way that the huge and obvious details don’t.

Per and I have discussed and talked over so many ways in which our lives will change tomorrow, after the meeting in court, when we can finally bring William back to the hotel with us, when we can safely answer “yes” instead of “no” to the people we have met here who ask us if we have children, when we have him with us all the time as opposed to two hours a day on week days.

 Even with all this imagining and discussing though, I am pretty sure that reality still hasn’t quite sunk in as evidenced over dinner tonight, when I leaned back in my chair and said “So just think, tomorrow, we have the court date...but then Friday at least we can sleep in as long as we want...that will be sooo good.”

I just hope William gets the memo. ;)

10 comments:

Dawn said...

LOL! so very true that it is often the little things! Even if you can't sleep in, the benefits far outweigh... i know i have already said it, but i am so excited for you! my thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow. love you.

SB said...

Lykke til i retten i morgen. Dere er stadig vekk i tankene mine disse dager. Nå er det bare noen få, små timer igjen, så er dere helt offisielt foreldre til vesle William. Gleder meg på deres vegne.

Ine said...

Haha, I look forward to reading how your friday morning went about.. ;)

You are in my thoughts every day, and tomorrow you will be every hour. What a big day it is!!

Zion said...

LOL I posted my answer to your comment on my blog before I read this one but it's very relevant to this post LOL

I'm so happy for you to be this close to getting William full time, and I truly hope he will adjust to being with the two of you full time very quickly! - (((HUGS))) and I will definetly be thinking of you three tomorrow and sending prayers and positive thoughts as well!

here is a line from a lyric I love "When we went from something's missing to a family" - that's how I felt when my son was born, even when my daughter was born... and I hope that you will feel that way the moment he's yours.
that song is called 'all because two people fell in love' by Brad Paisley

(btw if he has trouble sleeping Friends was the way to go with both my kids - something about the intro song helped them sleep and obviously quite entertaining for the parents to watch while sleepless :D Love ya!)

Ine said...

Thinking of you guys today! Though you're probably already done in court by now, because of the time difference. I guess you are with your son now. What a beautiful thought! <3

Anonymous said...

Oh Colleen, I can't express very well how very very happy I am for you and Per. God has worked his wonders once again and proven to me...prayer works! You all three look so fabulous together. Sleep in, Sleep in...girl are you crazy? Not for at least 20 years and even then...doubtful! Take care of that little bundle of joy. Judi

Colleen said...

Haha!! Thank you everyone for your well wishes! Update: we survived court, William may sleep a lot himself but I've learned that under no circumstances does that mean WE get to sleep in as well...!:)

Gand roverlag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Solvor said...

gratulere! så kjekt! eg visste ikkje dåkke va avgårde for å henta heim ein sønn!

Anonymous said...

Colleen and Per, I am so happy for you!!! What a beautiful baby you have and I so look forward to one day meeting him :) Much love! Tam